We are looking for people who:
- Are taking part in mainstream work, education or community life. Mainstream means that something is open to all persons, not just people with a disability.
- Are 16 years old or older.
- Are living in Ireland for more than 2 years.
- Living a home that you have chosen. You could be renting or own a home. You could be sharing with a friend, partner or family member or be living on your own.
- Taking part in mainstream activities such as clubs, sports groups or other community groups.
- Working in a mainstream, paid job or have your own business.
- Taking part in mainstream secondary school or college.
- In a relationship with a partner. Do you have children? Do you have good friendships with people you work with or other members of your community?
For this project, we are not looking for stories where:
- People had no choice about where they are living or who they are living with.
- The majority of people’s relationships are with paid staff People spend most of their day in disability services or are taking part in work or education that is just for disabled people.
- People are volunteering somewhere where people are usually paid.
As there may be many people who want to take part in the study, we may have to say no to some people. This does not mean that your story is not important to us, but we can only talk to about 19 people.