About this section
This section aims to inform people about health service therapies and disability services.
We are campaigning for all public information to be written in plain English and accessible to all.
Here are explanations for frequently used jargon and acronyms (HSE = Health Service Executive, for example)
Information and Fact Sheets
1. Assessment of Need
2. Progressing Disability Services for Children and Young People
3. Cross Border Healthcare
4. The Disability Act
The Disability Act 2005 imposes significant obligations on Government Departments and on Public Bodies to work proactively towards the improvement of the quality of life of people with disabilities.
5. Pathways to Possibilities
6. Value for Money
Residential and Day Services
1. Congregated Settings
2. 40 Questions Hiqa Ask
3. Statement of Purpose
4. High Support Services – Quality of Care
5. Admission - Transfer - Discharge - from a Residential Service
6. The Community Living Transition Plan 2016-2018
7. New Directions
8. Capacity Act 2015
9. McCoy Report