Accessible toilet facilities in Ireland
This Changing Places Ireland Google map details accessible facilities in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland (GREEN), step-down accessible toilets that do not include all the features of a Changing Places facility (ORANGE) and future Changing Places builds in the Republic of Ireland (RED). Criteria for Changing Places toilets.
(a) Changing Places facilities in the Republic of Ireland
● Trinity College Dublin has installed a fully accessible Changing Places toilet facility with a height-adjustable bench and hoist.
● The Office of Public Works (OPW) has installed a fully accessible facility in Áras an Uachtaráin.
● The Lime Tree Theatre in Mary Immaculate College in Limerick has installed a fully accessible toilet with a height-adjustable bench and track system.
● Dublin Airport has opened a fully accessible toilet in Terminal 1. This is located beside the Information Desk. Click here for more details.
(b) Future Changing Places projects in the Republic of Ireland
● The OPW is currently carrying out appraisals of sites such as Dublin Castle, Glendalough Visitor Centre and the National Gallery.
● The Square Shopping Centre in Tallaght is currently carrying out an appraisal to install a CP facility.
● The National Outdoor Pursuits Academy in Castlebar, Co Mayo will be opening a facility.
● The new Primary Care Centre in Tullamore, Co Offaly will be opening a full accessible facility in 2018.
(c) Changing Places Step-Down facilities in the Republic of Ireland
● Kells Swimming Pool has launched a facility with an adult changing bench, a hoist facility and a toilet that is open to all visitors to the region.
● Delta Garden Centre, Strawhall, Co Carlow has an accessible toilet that includes a hoist and a changing bench that is open to members of the public. Fore more information contact 059 914 3527 or email@example.com
(d) Changing Places facilities in Northern Ireland