Inclusion Ireland has co-signed a document on the rights of people with disabilities during the COVID-19 period. The statement calls on the government to adhere to the UN convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and in particular:
- Provide full accessible information on all aspects of COVID-19
- Ensure equal treatment in the provision of healthcare
- Ensure people with disabilities are involved in decisions about their treatment
- Provide support for families caring for a person with a disability, including social and educational supports
- Provide advocacy services as needed
The full statement is attached below.