Minister for Finance Michael Noonan and Minister for Public Expenditure & Reform Paschal Donohoe unveiled a number of measures in Budget 2017 at Government Buildings earlier today.
Budget 2017 key points so far:
● Medical card coverage is extended to all children in receipt of a Domiciliary Care Allowance;
● Payment of an 85% Christmas bonus will be made to Social Welfare recipients in 2016;
● Carer's Allowance and Disability Allowance will rise by €5 per week in March 2017;
● Home Carer's Credit is being increased by €100 to bring it up to €1,100.
● Increase in education spending that includes an additional 2,400 teaching posts of which 900 will be resource teachers.
● Funding of €2 million to be provided for projects which provide pre-activation supports for people with disabilities in 2017.