What we do
Inclusion Ireland provides a central forum for its members to identify priorities and formulate nationally agreed policies to present to government, statutory bodies, other relevant groups as well as the general public. Inclusion Ireland campaigns for changes in services and legislation that will improve the quality of life and participation of people with an intellectual disability in Irish Society. In addition to this central role, Inclusion Ireland:
● Promotes Advocacy for people with an intellectual disability, particularly self-advocacy;
● Provides an information and advice service by phone, post and through its website;
● Publishes information leaflets/booklets;
● Publishes a quarterly newsletter;
● Organises seminars and conferences on intellectual disability;
● Gives information & training talks to a range of groups;
● Represents the intellectual disability sector in Ireland at an international level by its membership of Inclusion International & Inclusion Europe;
● Promotes research into intellectual disability.
The Vision of Inclusion Ireland is that of people with an intellectual disability living and participating in the community with equal rights as citizens, to live the life of their choice to their fullest potential.
The Mission of Inclusion Ireland is to be the independent champion of people with an intellectual disability and their families whose standing and expertise in intellectual disability is acknowledged and to ensure that people with an intellectual disability have their voices heard, are not isolated or segregated and can lead more independent and healthier lives.
The President of Ireland Michael D Higgins is the Patron of Inclusion Ireland.
Equality and Human Rights Statement
Inclusion Ireland is committed to equality and human rights. Read our statement.
Inclusion Ireland does its work in line with rules and regulations. Read more here.
You or your organisation can become a member of Inclusion Ireland. More here.
Social Media Policy
Inclusion Ireland encourages discussion on social media. Read our policy here.
Inclusion Ireland Staff
Find details on Inclusion Ireland staff members and ways to contact them here.